FIRST TIME FLOATING?
Here’s how to best prepare...
- Avoid caffeine for 3-4 hours before your float
- Avoid shaving or waxing for at least 1 day before floating
- Try to eat a light meal 60-90 minutes before your float
- Make sure to use the washroom before your session so you are not distracted
- If you wear contacts, it is a good idea to bring your contact case while you float
You cannot float if...
- You have a recent tattoo within 2 weeks or large open skin wounds
- You have recently dyed your hair and it is not running clear in the shower
- You are an epileptic and your epilepsy is not under medical control (if in doubt check with your health care provider)
- You are under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- You have incontinence, or voluntary/involuntary release of bodily fluids of any kind
- You cannot get in and out of the tank unassisted (unless assistant is present)
9 STEPS OF FLOATING
Turn off your phone
Insert ear plugs
Shower in lukewarm water with body wash provided
Pat face dry so there is no inclination to wipe face or eyes with salty water (If you get salt water on your face during your float there is a spray bottle with fresh water and a face towel just outside your tank door)
Enter the tank, lie down and enjoy the experience
Allow the light or music to gently bring you out of your float
With your hands, squeegee excess water off skin before exiting the tank
Enjoy a warm shower to wash the salt off and use the shampoo and conditioner provided
After your float, please join us for a healthy smoothie or a massage in our lounge